Friday, March 25, 2011

Your idea for slution is required

Hi all,

I will start with describing the situation:
1) I have WiFi connection and local network installed.
2) I can connect my laptop (and other devices) via WiFi to the network and browse the local network as well as the internet.
3) I have two other desktops that are wired (connected via wire) to the network and works fine (can get to the internet)

The problem:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I conneced one additional desktop to my home network via WiFi and I can browse the local network but
I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Do you have any idea what can be the problem?

(I already reinstalled the computer and restarted the wireless router)

Thanks for any idea....
Shai

Reply 1 : Your idea for slution is required

- Does it work wired? You only tell about wireless.
- What exactly is "reinstalling the computer"?
-] What happens if you try to "connect to the Internet" and how do you do that? For example, can you ping a website?
- What OS on this desktop? Windows 95? Linux? Speaking of Linux, does it work if you boot from a Linux Live disk?
- Now take that same uncooperative desktop to another location (friend or family). Does it work there wired? Wireless?

Kees

No comments:

Post a Comment