Sunday, March 20, 2011

iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

Hey, I need to connect my iPhone up to my 24" Computer Monitor either via DVI or VGA. Any suggestions ?

Reply 1 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

and the Component connector kit from Apple.

Take a look in the Apple Store, iPod, Cables and connectors


P

Reply 2 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

I dont have a HD TV ! That's the problem. So there's absolutely no solution for my problem: gettng my iPhone on my computer screen ? Is there not a similar cable as the composite/component cable in the Apple Store just with Dvi or Vga ? Thanks.

Reply 3 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

BTW, any movie that is on your iPhone can be seen on your computer screen just by connecting the iPhone to your computer and firing up iTunes.

P

Reply 4 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

No I didn't see one there, just i was wondering if a DVI or VGA solution ever existed, just to avoid having to start up my computer. Anyways doesn't matter. Thanks for your help & time.

Reply 5 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

Nice to see that you are out there complaining about what you see as insulting and rude comments about posts that are nearly 2 years old.

Perhaps you just reported what you did, in the way that you did, because you did not want to expose your lack of knowledge about the subject.

The OP, whom I note had no complaints about the information they were given, did not have an iPhone 4 so your comment about the iPhone 4 and the iPad VGA adapter were nonsensical.

How do I know that they didn't have one? Easy, the iPhone 4 was not released until June 24th, 2010 which was exactly 10 months after the thread starter.

And the silly iPad idea? Had anyone mentioned that in reply to the OP, everyone would have been wondering what an iPad was. That was not released until April 2010, 8 months after the thread starter.

P

Reply 6 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

It's out of date and time to close it.

Reply 7 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

If you bought the Apple iPod to TV kit (iPod connector to Y, Pb, and Pr video connectors), then got a Y, Pb, and Pr to DVI converter box, you might be able to do it. For sound, you could get a composite to 3.5MM plug adapter. I THINK that MIGHT work!

But, I bet it would be easier (and a lot cheaper) to just turn on the computer and use iTunes!

Reply 8 : iPhone : TV Out on Computer Monitor via DVI or VGA; How ?!

I had the same idea. But the converter boxes = $$$$$ so I might just have to give up trying to be lazy and boot up my Mac instead ! =P
Thanks for your help anyway.
DG

No comments:

Post a Comment