Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Samsung 50" Plasma HDMI problem

Three months out of Warranty!

I am only able to access one of my four HDMI inputs.( #3 )

If I connect ( plug in )another input signal to any other HDMI port the signal of what is showing on HDMI 3 is replicated there. Have tried different devices. Have quality leads.

Only using two inputs. 1. Tivo ( incl live TV ) and 2. WD HD LIVE. Have been working without fault for two months.

Thanks anyone.

Reply 1 : Samsung 50" Plasma HDMI problem

I should have added above that I updated the one available Samsung firmware upgrade back in February well before this problem arose.

I have downloaded it again but will install it again when all else fails I think.

The TV is a Samsung 50" Plasma PS50 B650 S1 FXXY.

Reply 2 : Samsung 50" Plasma HDMI problem

Powered down everything overnight ( unplugged at the wall. ) Unplugged all HDMI leads.

Next morning powered up TV with first lead in, then powered up the device. Worhked fine.

Then added the other devices powering them up after connected. All Good.

Found this fix on an earlier blog at least 12 months older. It is obviously a lock up that occurs from time to time on different TV units.

No comments:

Post a Comment