Thursday, March 17, 2011

HP laptop stuck on bios screen

My HP, series dv9000 (running Vista home premium), will not consistently boot up. Sometimes it will boot other times it gets stuck on the bios screen. Computer is always shut down correctly and fully at end of day.

Other issues: 1)laptop runs extremely hot, I know this is a common issue with this laptop and 2) about 6 months ago Windows updates started failing to install. Often, but not always, are the ones attached to Outlook (which I don't use) Any chance these are related? Is it time to bail on my computer and move to another brand?

Reply 1 : HP laptop stuck on bios screen

Goggle dv6000 recall, dv9000 recall and you should find out about the issues.

As to windows updates the reasons are far too many with the .NET updates having well discussed fixes and issues.

-> You are dealing with at least TWO makers with issues. (HP and MSFT)

I have yet to find a cure for either.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment