Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dell XPS 15 L501x and Pioneer hdmi1.3 Receiver?

Do I need a hdmi 1.4 cable to get the signal out of the XPS? I use an old hdmi cable to connect to my pioneer and I get no signal to the receiver. I've tried different cables and different inputs on the back of the receiver. No luck.



I connected the XPS directly to the projector and it worked. I really need it to work through the receiver. I've tried both dell tech support and Pioneer tech support, neither knew anything and were pretty useless.



I think the problem might be Extended display identification data, but I haven't researched this too much yet. Anyone have similar problems?

Reply 1 : Dell XPS 15 L501x and Pioneer hdmi1.3 Receiver?

Anyone? If anyone had any ideas, I really need them.

Reply 2 : Dell XPS 15 L501x and Pioneer hdmi1.3 Receiver?

No, the only thing 1.4 adds is HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC)



HDMI 1.3 cables can support all HDMI 1.4 features except for the HDMI Ethernet Channel.

Reply 3 : Dell XPS 15 L501x and Pioneer hdmi1.3 Receiver?

I might try reinstalling windows. Maybe there's something in windows that's blocking the hdmi signal to the Pioneer. I just can't think of anything else.

Reply 4 : Dell XPS 15 L501x and Pioneer hdmi1.3 Receiver?

I got my cable from amazon, and it's working fine(took a few trys to figure out what to do ;p)



Though I'm having problem with audio. Only game audios are being played on the TV(while my xps 14 plays it at the same time), but my music player's audio doesn't gets transfered over. Any thoughts?

Reply 5 : Dell XPS 15 L501x and Pioneer hdmi1.3 Receiver?

Nevermind, a restart on the music player fixed it. This is great, loving it(especially when my LG screen is being sent for a replacement, can't stand the stock 720 screen lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment