Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NC10 query and N150 query ...

My wife's NC10 has problems .... I have an Intel 945 Graphics card problem and I have tried to reinstall etc to no avail and always get back to a blue screen and the only way the computer will work in in lower screen resolution, which is really not do-able. It is 3 years old and has been a great little workhorse. Retirement I think ... SO I bought a N150 (With Atom 550) etc ... BUT it seems to have a Windows 7 problem. When I install a program I need to wait for several MINUTES before this Windows 7 box pops up to ask whether or not I want to go ahead with install ... and also it is generally sluggish ...strange. Yes I did remove all bloatare. I am on a N140 which is brilliant ...



Any advice welcome ...maybe looking at the new NC220 or so ... need something stable. 9 series looks great but such tiny HDDs, shame.

Reply 1 : NC10 query and N150 query ...

Shame about the NC10. Did you try reinstalling the original image of Windows? (Press F4 at the BIOS screen (if my memory is correct).



That big delay on the N150 is most likely caused by Windows' UAC. Were there still noticeable time lags once the software had been installed?



John

Reply 2 : NC10 query and N150 query ...

John, thanks for the answer yes still lags in certain programs after install. Lags and ten just crashes ... what did they do with the 150 ? I have been loving my NC10 and N140. I am looking at a NC210 for me now ... what is the difference with the NC110 ?? Both new but apart from colour any difference ? Also that NC210 they sell in UK states it has an Intel 550 but does not say the usual DUAL CORE... I think there may be a single core N550 ...any ideas ? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment