Thursday, April 21, 2011

HP Caps Lock Error / Quick Buttons Error

When I hit caps lock on my 6910p, two other quick button items on the button-less button panel light up (enable/disable).



So I press caps lock, and the laptop mutes and runs the HP system information program.



I see the orange mute light up, and the hp system info program turn green and run. I then have to hit the orange mute or the green system info or use windows to enable sound and close the hp system info.



Caps lock does come on though...



Has anyone else encountered this?

Reply 1 : HP Caps Lock Error / Quick Buttons Error

Uninstall, Re-install, Restart, worked.

Reply 2 : HP Caps Lock Error / Quick Buttons Error

Problem came back again.



Hey CP Matrix (inside joke)

Reply 3 : HP Caps Lock Error / Quick Buttons Error

ARom, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I'm having the same problem with a Compaq 6910p laptop, whereby the sound goes poppy and the lights on the volume touch bar shoot up and down as soon as you hit Caps Lock.



I've tried updating the BIOS and installing the latest drivers but I don't think it's a software fault, as when I go into the BIOS (or am in the Windows boot menu) the lights still flash if I hit Caps Lock.



I'm not sure if I need to post a new thread as this is old, so will do that as well, but if you got it sorted it'd be great if you could feedback on how you fixed it!



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment